This is a small experiment. It's been a while; we don't blagh much, because we are busy working on crap and being lazy. I might post these every once in a while, but don't count on it. Also, yes, we are still alive, and more busy than ever before.
- Microscopes. Things have been getting smaller, so it was time we upgraded our optics. We have two new microscopes in the lab..
- An inspection scope for surface mount soldering and inspection (and anything else you'd like to look at using epi-illumination). It's wired up to a crappy TV with a camera. Using a microscope on a low-latency screen like this is pure awesome. Here's what sort of detail you can see with this system:
- The other microscope is still a work in progress, but is a 400x epi scope which was designed for Petrographic Ore imaging. Strangely, we don't have much Ore viewing going on, but if you look closely inside of things you see stuff like this:
- We've also been slowly setting up a chem lab, so we can decap our own chips. Yay.
- Much in the way of high voltage stuff. We ran dueling tesla coils last weekend built by two different people. Soon we'll have three going at once, just for fun and safety.
- Monthly PCB fab! We get a board made monthly, and we all chip into it. heh.
- We now have a makerbot! It sometimes makes 3d stuff for us. Hotpants.
- Crafty tools: "cnc" embroidery machine. Serger.
- We can now sharpen drillbits. Sweeet.
- There is tons of other little projects going on all of the time, but I wanted to push out some of the highlights which I think we can talk about. :)
In summary: we are busy doing crazy projects; and we still don't spend much time updating the blog.