Many many thanks to the folks over at Elphel, Inc. for sending us a camera. We got it last week, and after some careful wiring (we were worried about supplying 12 volts to data lines, though apparently our worries were mostly superfluous, as they had accounted for that), we got it working last Sunday! Yay!
Images from the initial testing of the camera can be seen here. More will be added as I progress.
Much more to do, and alas I'm a bit behind, but I plan to work on this for a good number of hours over the next couple days, and I expect we'll have images from space within a few days time!
OK, back to work. :-)